In the year 1908, Soor Neogi Coomar was founded by Late Hemchandra Sur, Late Kshirode Chandra Neogi and Late Bijoy Krishna Kumar, at 39 college street, as a partnership firm and served the people’s requirements of water supply, sanitation, steam and gas fittings.

The business expanded and the partnership firm sold their materials all over India after importing them. In 1929, the partnership firm was changed into a limited company.

Thereafter, Ashutosh Neogi, Ram Chandra Sur, Purnanka Mohon Sur and Akshoy Kumar Sur held positions as Chairman, Managing Director and Director of the company during different periods.


Year of Establishment 1908
Legal Status of Firm Private Limited Company
Nature of Business Wholesaler
Number of Employees 51 to 100 People
Turnover Rs. 50 - 100 Crore ( or US$ 10 Mn - 20 Mn Approx.)